Monday, April 24, 2006

And now, it's all worth it.

I got to work this morning, and was a little nervous about giving my student her blanket. After I settled into my office, I popped my head outside where the children were waiting for the school to open. I spotted Amanda with her signature head-band, and called her over. "I made you something over vacation. I figured you'd have a new room at Grandma and Grandpa's that needs decorating. Come check it out." We walked inside the building, and chit-chatted about vacation while we headed down my hallway. I opened the door to my room, and her eyes fixed on the blanket that I had folded over a chair. "Oh my God! Hogwarts! Oh my GOD! I love it! OH MY GOD! Thank you!" We walked upstairs to her locker so that it could be kept safe for the day. Along the way she showed off her new blanket that "Miss C" made her to every staff member we passed.
Comments:
So makes it worth the sore joints and hands! I am so happy she loved it.
 
That's wonderful =) She will treasure it forever I am sure!
 
What an amazing, awesome, wonderful thing to do!
 
That has to be a great feeling. You brighten the day of a little girl who needed some special attenion after such trama in her young life. It is people like you that can really make a difference in a young person's life.
 
WOW...I think I would have cried! Rather emotional at times. So glad she loved it, well how could she not?

I think the teacher needs a gold star or two!
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home
Google
Web klbdstuff.blogspot.com
kinkylilblackdress.blogspot.com