Monday, July 10, 2006

UK Bloggin' - Chatsworth House

Over the weekend, Girlfriend, her parents, and I went on a road-trip to see Chatsworth House. It's the home of the Duke and Dutchess of Devonshire. The estate is surrounded by enormous fields filled with sheep and deer, as well as an Elizabethan garden. We explored the farm and garden shop first, where Girlfriend donned this oh-so-sexy hat. Yeah, I'm not quite sure why there is a Mexican sombrero in the middle of an English farm shop, but she looked silly just the same. After we looked around the shop, we headed to one of the courtyards. There was a time-line there of the various lives of the Dukes who lived in the estate. Girlfriend and her mum took a while looking at it, while I hummed "Henry the VII" to myself. We didn't actually go inside the house for the tour. Admission was £9 a person, which is about $16. So we just stood outside the gate and took some more pics. That's me, in red. I bought a tea-towel for my Grandma.
Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home
Google
Web klbdstuff.blogspot.com
kinkylilblackdress.blogspot.com