Monday, July 17, 2006

UK Bloggin' - Chestnut Centre

Saturday, Girlfriend (who I will now use her real name, Emma) and I went to the Chestnut Centre, about an hours drive from the house. It's a 50 acre nature reserve, with a focus on otters and owls. I saw an ad for it on the tv, and like any whiney girl would do, I begged and begged to go, so I could see the baby otters. Em was a little iffy when she found out there was a £6 entrance fee, but in the end, we both said it was well worth it. After a nice stroll through the fields, talking about dreams, aspirations, and whatnot, we got to the otters! We took a total of 68 pictures, but I'll share the nicer ones with you. Here are the best otter shots we got. All images are clickable, as ususal. Second best to the otters were the owls. There was this one little fluffy baby that just loved Emma. They played hide-and-go-seek for a good while. We contemplated owl-napping it, although its Mom didn't look too thrilled about us being there, playing with the little one. They also had some random animals, like foxes, bunnies, and guinea pigs. Yeah, guinea pigs in a nature reserve...I thought it was odd, too. But, they looked much happier then they do at my local pet shop.
Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home
Google
Web klbdstuff.blogspot.com
kinkylilblackdress.blogspot.com